Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Epidemiology, and Market Access
About Analysis Group’s HEOR, Epidemiology, & Market Access Practice:
Make an impact at Analysis Group, where we collaborate with our clients to develop and implement HEOR strategies to support pharmaceutical products throughout their life cycles. Founded in 1981, Analysis Group is one of the largest international economics consulting firms, with more than 1,000 professionals across 14 offices, including more than 250 professionals who focus on Health Care. Analysis Group’s health care experts apply analytical expertise to health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), market access and commercial strategy, and health care policy engagements, as well as drug safety-related engagements in epidemiology. Analysis Group’s internal experts, together with its network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, provide our clients with exceptional breadth and depth of expertise and end-to-end consulting services globally.
Health care engagements with Analysis Group involve identifying and framing valuable research questions, collaborating with leading academic experts, designing and implementing rigorous research, and disseminating research findings through conference presentations and peer-reviewed publications, as well as submissions to clinical regulators (e.g., U.S. Food and Drug Administration) and health technology appraisal (HTA) authorities around the world (e.g., National Institute for Health and Care Excellence in the UK). Our research also draws on the growing variety of health care data, including real-world data, electronic health records, registries, clinical trials, and insurance claims, as well as new data collection through medical record reviews, surveys and wearables. We strive to contribute to the development of innovative methodologies and new standards in statistics, machine learning, health economic modeling and data collection technologies. Our work helps define markets, demonstrate value, and inform critical business decisions for innovative health care products.
- We draw upon our deep expertise to provide innovative, data-driven strategies for clients in the life sciences industry across all phases of product development and commercialization.
- We help our clients define markets, demonstrate value, and inform business decisions throughout product lifecycles.
- We have a broad range of expertise and collaborate with leading academics in our areas of expertise to offer cutting-edge analyses and analytical tools to address business challenges that require rigorous, evidence-based research.
- We are distinguished by the way we integrate our capabilities to provide our clients with a comprehensive approach to problem solving.
- We have received the Boston Bar Association’s President’s Award for our pro bono work on civil legal aid and homelessness, and our innovative approach to recruitment has been featured prominently in major outlets, including the Financial Times and Leaders magazine.
- We have also been recognized as a best place to work in several top U.S. surveys, including national surveys by Glassdoor (Best Places to Work, Employees’ Choice Award, small and medium business category) and Vault (17th overall in the Vault Consulting 50, and the top-ranked economic consulting firm).
About the Associate Position:
Within our structure, an Associate is a key member of the team, assuming responsibility for leading projects, engaging with clients, and taking on a mentor and supervisory role for junior team members. As an associate, you can work on complex business problems within a collaborative environment and can expect to work on multiple projects at a time. You will play a critical role in driving the research, analysis, and strategy of cases. Responsibilities and work experiences across consulting engagements vary widely by project and may include:
- Developing, designing, and conducting research studies (e.g., cost-effectiveness analysis, budget impact analysis, clinical trial analysis, real-world data analysis, patient reported outcome studies) to address our clients’ needs
- Performing quantitative and qualitative research
- Collaborating with academic and in-house experts
- Performing analyses and presenting results
- Preparing project deliverables and publications in peer-reviewed literature
- Collaborating on authorship of research publications
- Thinking creatively about how leading-edge analytics address clients’ most pressing business challenges
- Coordinating multiple work-streams or analyses within a case team, including both the work product and the team members involved in it
- Developing research proposals
- Managing a case from beginning to end
- Acting as advisor to one or more junior staff members
Analysis Group fosters a work environment that is centered on delivering high quality work through teamwork and collaboration, best-in-class learning programs, and a culture of transparency, trust, and respect. Specifically, we seek candidates who have:
- A graduate degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics, economics, biostatistics, statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, environmental health policy, public health, or related quantitative disciplines
- Substantial knowledge of health economic modeling experience or other quantitative research experience in HEOR in consulting or academia. We look for MSc candidates to bring at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- A passion for using data and analytics to solve the economic and business challenges our clients face in the life sciences industry
- Expertise in areas such as health economics, biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics, or related fields and an outstanding track record of health economic modeling or applying quantitative methods to research problems in health care research
- Proficiency in at least one statistical programming language (e.g., SAS, R) is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- An excellent academic record
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment and the ability to effectively work independently
- A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
Benefits to working at Analysis Group include:
- A competitive salary plus annual performance bonus
- Limited travel
- 25 days paid leave (plus bank holidays)
- Generous workplace pension – up to 8% AG contribution
- Healthcare and wellbeing benefits including: private medical insurance, private GP, private dental insurance, Medicash cash plan, financial advising resources, fitness memberships, employee assistance program, group life insurance, group income protection, annual health assessment, travel insurance, cycle-to-work scheme
- Team based collaborative and academia focused working environment
- A flat hierarchy where everyone’s voice and opinion are important
- Summer trip and annual holiday party
- Central London office location with excellent workspace accommodations. AG understands the value of flexibility and is proud to offer a hybrid-working model.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including a statement of interest, curriculum vitae, and all unofficial transcripts.
Analysis Group will process and transfer personal data about individuals (including job applicants) in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and other related legislation including (where lawful and necessary) sensitive personal data relating to such individuals. Analysis Group will process and transfer such personal data as set out in its Privacy Notice for Staff as may be introduced and amended from time to time. The Privacy Notice will be made available as part of the application process.
Analysis Group is an equal opportunities employer.
Employment may be subject to relevant background/ reference checks.
No phone calls or agencies.